Thursday 15 December 2011

Brooks Bunting, 21
Compassionate and humble, Brooks' quiet influence affected everyone who knew him. The eldest of four boys, Brooks was very active in his church, was enrolled in NAIT's business program and coached football at Salisbury high school. An impaired driver smashed into Brooks' truck on May 1, 1992. He died the next day. The impaired driver died at the scene. There were 2,200 people at Brooks' funeral.

The last few days I have been thinking about Brooks a lot for some reason and I thought I'd share a little to what he meant to me.
I was a 15 yr old long haired metal head and brooks was a clean cut, chutch going, all around nice guy. I believe we first met at a church function as he was one of the youth leaders at the time. We hit it off cause he was also a football player and had went to the same high school I was currently at. Long story short he helped me find myself when a lot of people saw me as being a rebel with no cause, lol.
When I got the. Was Brooks had been killed by a drunk driver I was so upset, this was my friend and my hero kinda.
I believe Brooks death affected me more than I realized. So shortly after I was on the road with a band and I guess that may have been my way of finding myself again.
Well I guess this makes me think of how short our lives can be. Here today gone tomorrow! So lately I have tried to make it my goal to live everyday to the fullest but to also follow my dreams, my hopes, my desires. I don't want to wake up in 10 years and realize I lost the best things because I gave up. No not me, my life may be on a new road but my future is not written yet and I plan on making my future great. I will chase my dreams. I will find my hopes. I will open my desires. Don't let anyone stand in your way.
Live each day as if it were your last and don't let go of what your heart tells you to keep. Follow your heart not the crowd, they will always lead you astray but your heart will guide you and show you the true light.

No comments:

Post a Comment